CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rookie Teacher of the Year

After observations from the previous 5 Teachers of the Year and 2 administrators, I was named my school's Rookie Teacher of the Year. It is a great honor to hold this title and I am so excited! The ceremony/celebration was after school on Wednesday. When my principle called my name my family came around the corner to congratulate me. I had no idea!!

This is a picture that my dad took on his cell phone--my family forgot to bring their cameras--so I apologize for the poor quality! I received two plaques (one for home and one that is now hanging by my classroom door), a paper weight, roses, and a book dedicated to the library in my honor called The Brand New Kid.

2 comments:

Sadler Family said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! Congratulations!!!!

The Stark Family said...

Thank you!!! Now I have to prepare for the district competition. It is much longer--lasting from Feb. 27 to May 8!!