CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Peanut Brittle

What do you do in the 15 minutes before the end of nap time?

I make peanut brittle!

You may be asking yourself, "Why would she choose to cook at the end of nap time?" Well, during every special occasion my dad expects to receive peanut brittle--especially on his birthday and father's day. We were celebrating father's day with him today and since I wasn't able to make any for his birthday (at that time we were still traveling back and forth to the hospital to visit G) I really had to make it today and it just so happens that the end of nap time was the only time I could do it.

So, what is the key to making quick peanut brittle? ORGANIZATION!

Here you can see that I actually got everything out and ready before beginning the cooking process. That is something I never did before Genevieve was born. Notice that the baby monitor is part of my cluster of ingredients/tools.



G rustled a little during this (crucial) stage. I thought I was going to have to scratch the whole thing, but I was able to sooth her back to sleep. Sorry the picture is blurry...I had a lot going on at that moment!



Here is the peanut brittle in the cooling phase. G woke up shortly after--bright-eyed and smiling...isn't that just the best thing in the world?



Here is the finished product. I know the presentation is lacking a bit (ok a lot), but guys don't care what it looks like as long as it tastes good, right?!

No comments: